Saturday, September 20, 2008


when i was young and free and my imagination had no limits, i dreamed of changing the world.

as i grew older and wiser, i discovered the world would not change, so i shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

but it too, seemed immovable.

as i grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, i settled for changing only my family, those closest to me ; but alas, they would have none of it.

and now as i lie on my death bed, i suddenly realized:

if only i had changed myself first, then by example i would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, i would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, i may have even changed the world.


from : menuju kecemerlangan belajar, sabri ahmad.

0 comments: